Thursday, November 25, 2010

* ASTRONOMICAL FAIL

"Are you feeling scattered, Cancer? It's possible that you're wondering about a million different things today. Are you strong enough to assume your family duties? Are you attractive? Are you important? Of course, all these questions distract you from your anxiety. Don't worry. The next few weeks will be less stressful."

According to www.horoscope.com , they've got me down to a science. These past couple of weeks it seems have been just a mess of things -- me trying to figure out myself (which, might I add, was quite a failiure in the process), figure out how to balance three chapters of boring old Huck Finn on top of stupid science, and finding out I'm a hopeless flute player. Yes, the life of a teenager is not so glamorous, as some television shows and novels seem to put out. But it's just high school, right?

Well, wrong; High School is like a giant pressure cooker, one that gives you a different mind-set every day. And each and every day I find myself back where I started: ugly, and loveless. Yes, life isn't turning out to great. But on the bright side my horoscope says all this idiotic homework stress will be gone so I can just crash for a little while and ... die. Maybe.

So hello world, this is Calluna Vulgaris, a fail at life, and everything in between. I hate high school at the moment, and not just the social part. I have plenty of great friends. I'm just tired of living under the idiotic pressure that we're faced with every day to be this and be that.

So, as I hate talking to the empty interwebs, I would love to hear from you. What are some wise quotes that you live by daily? Or maybe you've already been through pressure-cooker-high-school, and have some words that you wish you'd live by. I'm over-dramatizing it, sure, but it's a great ice-breaker. Who doesn't like to discuss advice with some teenager who sounds depressed?

Yours sincerely,



Calluna

No comments:

Post a Comment